In some ways, TCKs are typical kids, but in other ways, because of their unique experiences, they do not always fit in with their peers in their passport country.
- TCKs/CCKs-Who are These People?
- TCK Characteristics
- TCK Advantages/Challenges
- Culture and How it Affects the TCK
- The Cultural Iceberg
- Identity Model
- An Example Using the Identity Model
The books recommended below specifically address the issues of being a TCK and all that is included in that.
- Books on TCKs for Younger Children
- Books on TCKs for Children in Upper Elementary
- Books on TCKs for Teens
- Books Written for or by TCKs
- General Books about TCKs
- Books for Parents of TCKs
- Asian Children in MK Schools
- Hidden in My Heart – A Review
A review of the book Hidden in My Heart: A TCK’s Journey Through Cultural Transition by Taylor Murray who was 14 years old at the time she wrote the book.
- Third Culture Kids: The Experience of Growing Up Among Worlds
A review of the Dave Pollock and Ruth Van Reken’s book on TCKs.
- TCK Online Resources