You can download this resource as a PDF to enable you to print the station instructions
The attached prayer stations on the theme of ‘The Beatitudes’ are designed to be printed on A3 paper but you should be able to adjust your printer settings to your local paper size. Text may not be large enough for some participants if you choose to print on smaller paper.
Some of the stations require extra items, these are listed below and are generally readily available.
Poor in Spirit
- a selection of different fabric scraps, wools, string etc
Those Who Mourn
- a selection of bibles or Psalm 51 printed in a variety of translations
Those Who Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness
- an agape meal (bread and wine)
- a large glass vase or wide necked bottle and effervescent tablets
Pure in Heart
- Enough strips of red ribbon or string for each participant to take one
- a couple of tubs of play doh
- download and print off the current top ten countries where Christians are persecuted (https://www.opendoorsuk.org/persecution/world-watch-list/), fold them up and put them in a bucket.
Setting Up The Stations
Depending on your context, you may like to just stick the printed sheets to the wall or you may prefer to set up stations on small tables using fabric and lights to create a different mood.
You might like to have some gentle, relaxing music in the background but music tastes differ so it’s also worth thinking about whether it is a good opportunity to engage with silence
Each station also has an accompanying scripture (in 4 translations) on a seperate page, these are included in the downloadable PDF above.