NorthStar Academy offers the core classes of English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and P.E./Health; elective courses including Spanish, Computer Applications, and Christian Foundations. The Academy uses textbooks from publishers such as Apologia, Saxon, Prentice Hall, Glencoe, Canon Press, Thomson, Addison-Wesley and A Beka.
- firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- 1-403-335-9587, 1-866-335-9587
- Tuition Fees
- No fees for or Alberta residents and "ordinarily" residents. See website for tuition for non-Alberta residents and other fees.
- Other Fees
- Each family must provide computer and Internet connectivity as described on website/brochure.
Registration form may be downloaded from the Internet or the form may be requested from NorthStar.
- Please inquire about the $200 Saber Scholarship as well as the Neva Poole Scholarship.
NSA offers an accredited CHRISTIAN-based learning program, which can include online, print-based learning, home ed, or a blend of all three programs to create a truly tailored learning program unique to a particular student.
NSA offers the typical 9-month (36 week) school year within a 10-month calendar school year. Students have 10 months to complete 9 months of school work, allowing for options/flexibility for travel, technical problems, non-Canadian holidays and school calendars, student-paced learning, etc.. School year is typically September to June with the option of summer school in July for High School students.
- Teaching Helps
We teach within a highly graphical, intuitive, and structured conferencing system done within a learning software call Moodle. A Student Cafe, Parent Forum, School News, and student clubs provide for extra-curricular activities.
Graduation requirements are 100 credits earned through grades 10-12. There are specific credit requirements withing that credit total. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for specifics.
- Alberta Education