SIDE is the main centre for K-12 distance education and online learning within the Western Australian Department of Education. The school provides quality education for students who for various reasons cannot attend classes in a regular school.
With a good pass in the State-wide examinations in Year 12 they can apply for University for the next year. If a non-resident MK wanted to enrol in a particular school, it is possible the Schools would negotiate if an approach were made by a recommended person first. It would be a plus if the student wanted to enter a local University following graduation, though it’s possible the Schools would consider other reasonable requests. They have been helpful, and their desire is that students have a professional and serious approach to their schooling, and therefore have a good chance of success.
- +61 (08) 9311 1400, Free Call: 1800 642 300
- Fax: (08) 9311 1661, Free Fax: 1800 626 861
PO Box 455
- Year Founded
- Tuition Fees
- Variable according to year of enrolment.
- Other Fees
- Amenities up to A$500 in advance yearly to cover postage costs for overseas based West Australian students.
Only students whose permanent residence is in Western Australia may apply for enrolment.
- Each class has a Year Coordinator. The school mails marked work overseas, so there is no need for a contact person.
Comprehensive K-12; print, AV, telematics (audio-graphics), TV broadcasts.
Workbooks on all subjects and materials provided by the school, some textbooks may need to be purchased.
- Teaching Helps
Telephone, facsimile,visiting programs, student camps.
- Education Department, Western Australia