- Training Course
- Leading with Coaching Skills
- Managing/Leading People
- Coaching Skills
- Course Description
As we strive towards a collaborative and relational leadership many leaders understand that corporate culture requires a coaching mindset.
As more leaders recognize the importance of coaching, its appeal has expanded dramatically, and so has the demand for interventions that can deliver this kind of culture.
A group or organizational culture is expressed in the rules about how we behave, communicate, relate, and belong – or don’t. It’s not just about the exchange between coach and coachee, but also about how everyone in the organization interacts with each other in their everyday conversations.
All coaching encounters, whether formal or informal, have a common thread: better conversations between individuals. Leaders with coaching skills and a coaching frame of reference can engage their people and each other, speaking the truth and eliciting involvement from those around them.
In the absence of a culture shaped by coaching mindsets and values, the truth often goes unspoken, change only happens when a crisis takes place, and courage is a rare quality.
- Target Audience
- Anyone working in Eurasia whose role involves leadership and supervising others
- Open To...
- Group Internal Only
- Contact Ralph Schubert
- SIL Eurasia Area
- Eurasia Area Professional Development: Ralph Schubert, Leadership Development Coordinator
- Last Revision
- October 19, 2018
- Delivery Method(s)
- Delivery Location
- Delivery Notes
This four-day workshop also has a virtual pre-meeting and pre-reading.
- Follow-Up Method(s)
- Peer Groups
- Follow-Up Notes
- Additional Notes
- Participants will understand and value the importance of using coaching skills in their leadership role.
- Participants will be able to apply the coaching framework in a cross-culturally context.
- Participants will understand that leaders do not have to come up with all the solutions themselves. Part of their role is to help their staff gain clarity and awareness of the situation(s) they are dealing with and aid them in a process of self-discovery, drawing out the answers from them.
- Participants will understand and implement the coaching process.
- Participants will understand the importance of active listening skills and practice them.
- Participants are able to craft and ask powerful questions.
- Participants are able to help their staff explore solutions and come up with action steps.
- Participants will be able to learn how to manage real life leadership situations by using coaching skills.
- Participants will become more confident in their leadership role.
- Long-term: Trust is increased between staff and leaders.
Last Updated: February 12, 2021
For more information about Leading with Coaching Skills
Please email the course owner using the link below:Eurasia Area Professional Development: Ralph Schubert, Leadership Development Coordinator